COMPARE P.U.D to ENRON:
IT’S ALL in the NUMBERS
- $5 million: amount of ratepayer money PGE used to defeat the 1992 measure that would have closed the Trojan Nuclear plant at no cost to ratepayers.
- 1: number of weeks after the measure's defeat that PGE closed Trojan permanently at ratepayer expense.
- 29: number of large publicly owned utilities in Oregon with rates lower than PGE.
- 5: number of publicly owned utilities bordering PGE territory with lower rates than PGE.
- 0: number of PUDs in Oregon charging higher rates than PGE.
- 3.53: cents/kw-hour [2002 average] paid by residential customers of Clatskanie PUD.
- 8.03: cents/kw-hour [2002 average] paid by residential customers of PGE.
- $569 million: amount PGE has collected from ratepayers for federal and state income tax payments since 1997.
- $568.8 million: amount of these collections PGE and Enron kept for themselves.
- $100 million: amount PGE employees lost due to Enron's stock fraud.
- $80 million: amount Oregon PERS lost due to Enron's stock fraud.
- 5: number of pages in Enron reorganization plan needed to list all lawsuits, most for fraud, against PGE.
- Undetermined: amount these suits may cost PGE ratepayers.
- 30: number of “restructuring specialists” Enron has hired to help it sell PGE.
- $860,000: amount each "specialist" is paid per year in salary alone.
- 3: number of electric utility bankruptcies since Congress rewrote regulations in 1978 revoking state veto of settlements.
- 2: number of electric utility bankruptcy reorganization plans, since 1978, which called for the sale or transfer of assets out from under state rate regulation.
- $1.9 billion: present PGE value as a regulated electric utility.
- $5.0 billion: PGE value if transmission and generation assets are sold out from under state rate regulation.
- $300 million: yearly increased cost to ratepayers if such a sale occurs.
- 0: number of reasons Enron and Wall Street banks have to not dismember PGE in the bankruptcy proceeding.
VOTE YES for a PEOPLE'S UTILITY
DISTRICT in CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas Public Power